So.. I am going to keep this short and sweet (hard for me as I love to chat!) but this blog really is for you to get to me know a little better, so I am going to be sharing 7 things you may not know about me. Some may come as a surprise.
I think social media is a brilliant tool when used in the right way, so long as we don't obsess and compare as that will cause a silly amount of unhappiness, lack of confidence and generally a less positive outlook on life. I also believe on keeping it real and raw. If you're having a bad day its ok - I mean there is balance in everythingbut also shows you are human y’know.
I am a very upbeat and naturally positive person, you will rarely see me let the hardships of life get to me, I want to live to the fullest everyday. I will always find a positive in every situation and believe every thing happens for a reason. But to keep me, me and real I am trying to show you some of my struggles from daily life to my CF it the hope you can relate in your own little way, we are all in this together. I simply want to inspire, motivate and show you can defy anything you're going through.
Recently, I shared one of my favourite quotes which I turn to when I feel like I have the weight of the world on me as we all have those days.
What I've learnt from life is that for every inch of sadness lies a foot of happiness ahead. I've learnt that the simplest of times bring the grandest pleasures and the hardest goodbyes often lead to the best hellos. I've learnt the crazy chances guide us to unexpected discoveries and tough times unveil sincerity of people. I've learnt that you have to hold onto your smile everyday and free yourself from that frown.
Okay, on to the those 7 things, are you readdddy:
- I was born 10 weeks premature, my birthday is 27 July, I was supposed to be born in October! Clearly eager for life.. I was a little scrap weighting 3lb12oz.
- This may be a shock horror (since my Instagram would definitely say differently) I never used to like eggs… seriously, Mumma Holmes would verify which is why she thinks its funny I am obsessed with them now.
- Before hitting the gym I used to be passionate about sprinting, competing to a high level 100m, 200m & 400m. Until I sadly sprained my ankle badly and so I couldn't run as fast, I was gutted. I still trained though (of course racing the men… to their delight I could beat some of them!) - I mean challenge me and I will push myself but the girls out there are amazing! I miss those days. I am seriously competitive, especially if you get me in the right zone!
- I have to eat a minimum of 3000 kcals a day to maintain my weight. Thats a hell of a lot especially if you are wanting to try and focus on nutrients. (dont get me wrong, I love PNB and Nutella, ice cream, the lot as you know) but due to my poor digestion and not producing digestive enzymes because of my CF (I have to supplement these) I try and eat well or the pain / bloating I suffer is unreal… I even had my appendix out by mistake because it was a misdiagnosed pain (thats a whole new story) If i want to put on weight or lean muscle, well, thats a hell of a lot of eating.
- I have a bucket list of things I want to see, achieve, make, you name it it'll been there of over 250 things - I am slowly working my way through them. Anyone wants to join the journey let me know. My biggest achievement from it is summiting Mount Kilimanjaro October 2015. It was the hardest thing of my life, but, by far the most life changing and incredible. Seriously rewarding. It was also very liberating being cut off from the world (in the nicest possible way) for a week.
- I am a massive adrenaline Junkie! Let me jump out of a plane, gallop or jump a horse at speed, drive a super car, go white water rafting, wake boarding, snow boarding any day.. its these things that give me the bigggg buzz, make me feel alive, the exciting fear you get in your belly. I love it. Most people think I mad, I am, I would rather be insane than boring… I mean I realise they might not be the everyday thing but I will do them as much as I can and even better if I can travel with them too!
- I am actually a qualified legal secretary.. believe it or not. However, it wasn't for me and I love being in the fitness industry. I am not the sort of person who can be sat behind a desk. I love my busy little crazy life running about (literally). Also, that type of lifestyle caused me to be unwell so I wanted to change my life for the better and long term.
So heres a few little facts you may know, if not, you've learnt some new things about me. I am happy to be open and share away so if you have any burning questions drop me a line.